In one day on the Internet:
- 291 billion emails are sent. It would take 2 years to process that many pieces of mail in the US.
- 2 million blog posts are written. That’s enough posts to fill Time Magazine for 770 years.
- 172 million different people visit Facebook, 40 million people visit Twitter, 22 million people visit LinkedIn, 20 million people visit Google+ and 17 million people visit Pinterest.
- 4.7 billion minutes are spent on Facebook.
- 532 million statuses are updated.
250 million photos are uploaded to Facebook. If printed, the stack would be as tall as 80 Eiffel Towers.
- 22 million hours of old TV shows and movies are watched on Netflix. That’s how many hours of movies are watched in theatres in 3 days.
- 864,000 hours of video is uploaded to YouTube. That’s 98 years of non-stop cat videos
- Internet users spend on average 14.6 minutes viewing porn online. The average fap session is 12 minutes.
- 18.7 million hours of music is streamed on Pandora. If a computer started streaming Pandora in year 1 AD, it’d still be streaming now.
- 1288 new apps to download, and more than 35 million apps are downloaded.
- iPhone sales outpace the human population; 378,000 iPhones are sold every day while only 371,000 babies are born per day.